Phone Rings.
"Thank you for calling the Restaurant, this is waitress, how can I help you?"
"Yes, I would like complain. I was in there today and there was a baby at this table right next to us and it was crying and crying and no one did anything about it"
"Okay, hold on one moment please, I'm going to get my manager for you okay?"
"Thank you"
I've had many complaints, but this one has to rank. The Restaurant is full of screaming children (unfortunately), because it's a family restaurant. They have this stupid slogan about everyone being like family. Still, I let the managers know (crazy woman, line one!) and when the manager is done with her, I get the rest of the conversation.
"Thank you for holding, this is manager, how can I help you?"
"Yes, I was in there today and there was a baby crying my whole meal and no one did anything."
"I'm sorry ma'am, did you ask to speak to a manager at the time?"
"No, I didn't want to complain then!"
"Well, we would have been happy to move you to another table at the time if you had asked, but we are a family restaurant and we can't ask someone to leave because their baby is crying"
"I think you're lying."
"I'm sorry?"
"I think you're lying, that's ridiculous someone can sit there with their baby screaming and you can't tell them to leave or keep the baby quiet."
"Ma'am, I'm not ly-"
CLICK.
The same manager that took the call was seating a table the other day and while they were walking past a table with a number of loud whining toddlers the guest loudly asked "shouldn't they at some point establish children on one side of the restaurant and adults on the other?" To which the manager gave the same "family restaurant" spiel.
...But you know maybe she is on to something.
"Table for two please"
"Yes sir, would you like children or non?"
"oh, whichever comes open first."
No comments:
Post a Comment