Friday, August 6, 2010

TMMI= Too Much Manager Information

I think it's great when your manager can be your friend. I have had many jobs where I was able to walk that line between respecting that they have ultimate authority but being able to relate to them as human beings.

But you know what really blows? Having a power-tripping manager who treats you like crap but expects you to listen to EVERY. FUCKING. DETAIL. of their life....or pregnancy...

You all know which one I'm referring to.

I think any of our other coworkers who have recently had babies can tell you that I love talking about their pregnancies. I am fascinated, want all the details, you can talk my ear off about it. However, I don't want to hear about it from a douchebag who I don't even like 90% of the time. ESPECIALLY since the particular details she wants to share are way too much information.

When you do to go you endure much more manager face time, especially when you close, because they have to swipe their card and do all the cash drop stuff, and you have to go with them to the office to watch them drop the money and make sure they don't steal it. This is where it began. I think everyone has found themselves trapped in the office at least once with a manager who wont shut the fuck up (crazy GM) about something that you couldn't possibly care less about if you made a concentrated effort.

The first time I got trapped in the office with BM going off about her baby for an extended period was in relation to what they are going to name it if it's a boy or a girl, and how they are referring to it as a combination of the names until they find out the sex of the baby. This would be a great story if, I don't know, I had asked her or it somehow came up in conversation, but no. We were not talking about it, I was not asking about it, I did not care about it. She just started talking and I had to listen for like 5 minutes pretending I gave a shit. You would think someone with normal social skills would notice when someone is clearly not interested in what they are saying, but I guess I was doing too good a job faking it, oops.

Even before she got knocked up, BM has regaled me with stories of how she and her husband waited until they got married to have sex, etc. Which really is an "inappropriate" conversation to be having with your employee, but at that time she wasn't a total bizzle yet so it was more like chatting with a friend, it didn't bother me. But now that it has become "I am going to nitpick everything you do and enforce stupid pointless rules and treat you like a toddler, but I expect you to listen to all the disgusting details of my personal life" I am not so much a fan. Things BM has recently (to my horror) shared with me (or other to go specs) without my illiciting the information:

1. How she used to get diarrhea all the time but pregnancy makes you constipated so now she is regular
2. How she waits until she is about to poop her pants before she goes so she doesn't get hemmeroids
3. How her husband woke her up for sex the other morning and she "caved" because she didn't want him to go looking for it somewhere else
4. How she actually only sees her husband for more than an hour a few times a week so they really don't "have" to have sex that often
5. How her in-laws stopped by while they were having sex in the middle of the day so they didn't answer the door

and things of that nature. I feel a twinge of guilt sharing this info with all of you here, but I am 97% sure she would probably have still said it if you were there, so hey, whatevs. Plus she is a big old beotch to me most of the time.

It just really irritates me when they are all strict about every stupid meaningless rule that corporate has for us, but they bend their own rules all the time. Like I'm pretty sure I could consider it sexual harassment that she tells me that crap, especially when I certainly never asked her for the info, and definitely wasn't sharing anything about myself. She is doing a great job of fulfilling my original description of her as the "cool" young manager. That poor baby.

Oh yeah, I feel lame requesting comments, but if no one comments I assume no one is reading this...so I am less likely to post very often. Just sayin...

2 comments:

  1. Ok, detail #1:gross. #2:ew. #3:what a prude bitch. #4:good for her. #5:oh! so kinky!! ::barf::

    Waitress, I do the same thing you do; just go through the motions and brown nose the shit out of that fat ass. It's the only way we are going to get what we want. BM and DM are the only people in the whole world I am fake with (I don't mind GM so much) and it steals a piece of my soul every time. But I learned pretty quick that at our place of employment, and probably every place of employment, if we fight the management and don't play nice, it would be even more miserable to work there. But faking it has gotten me an ok schedule, and gotten me out of trouble. So there you have it. I feel ya, girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Christ, I feel so bad for you having to listen to her tell you that shit! It was bad enough when she was telling us about her "kegal exercise app" ummm.... wtf. She is a fucking weirdo.

    ReplyDelete