Friday, March 19, 2010

They learn so quickly

New manager at the Italian Restaurant, a dude. He is the only male manager. Used to work there back in the day, went to another IR for awhile, and then returned. I thought he seemed cool at first. Likes to play music in the kitchen, and not shitty music. He is the manager of togo, so I was hopeful about my scheduling needs, maybe getting full-time weekdays. Until this exchange that is...

Side note: It was insanely slow, I was doing togo. I had been running some food, had expo'd the window while he was on line, but I am not going to run every single tray of food, that would just be exhausting and there is no need since there was also a salad maker to run food, and if it is slow, obviously servers can run too.

Dude Manager (DM): I need a follow! (running an additional tray of food to the same table)

The salad maker is walking towards him, clearly to me she is intending to take the follow

DM: Waitress?...

Waitress (W): She's got it

the salad maker takes the follow

DM: You know, Waitress, it offends me when I ask for runners or follows and you just stand there like that (I was in fact leaning against the plate chiller)

W: Well obviously I'm going to wait and see if someone else is able to run it first before I will take it (This was said slightly in jest)

DM: Well, it offends me, it's something I expect from my togos

W: well, don't be offended

DM: Well...(thinks for a second) don't be offended if I don't schedule you togo shifts anymore

WHAT THE FUCK. Seriously, did Bitch Manager and Crazy GM already teach you how to be a complete asshole? Was there some kind of crash course in threatening employees as a means of getting the behavior you want? Did they also emphasize the importance of doing it loudly in a public area so all the other employees can hear (which they did, a few people talked to me about it after). Great, we are still at 75% on the managers-who-are-fuckholes scale. And the other one is so ridden with apathy she would never do a thing about it. GRRRRR

On another note, since I only find the time (or more likely the fury) to write on here once a week or so, I would like to officially extend an invitation for all my fellow slaves servers to contribute, anonymously of course. Or, if someone who isn't a server has something fun to contribute as a guest, that could work too. Email your contributions to the email on my facebook and i'll make it juicy for ya. I'm talking to you, whiskey-a-bobo!

On another-nother note, I would like to acknowledge the loss of one of our dishwashers this past week. He was a great natured, really funny guy and will be missed. RIP Gia

1 comment:

  1. I think you should withhold judgment on DM for now- he's always been really cool to me, now and before. Anyway, no matter how bad he could be, he'd never compare to BM and we all know it.

    I have a story for you I need to write up from this Saturday, another cafe classic, but no chicken and cheese this time.

    ReplyDelete